Why does my dogs keep dying (causes in my house)

The bond between a human and their dog is one of the most cherished relationships in the world, and it’s no secret that losing a beloved pet can be devastating. But when this loss happens repeatedly, and suddenly, it’s natural to start wondering why. The heartbreaking reality is that sometimes, our dog can fall victim to a multitude of illnesses and diseases that seem to strike out of nowhere. It can be a frustrating and confusing experience, and one that leaves pet owners feeling helpless and searching for answers. From environmental factors to genetic predispositions, the reasons behind our dogs’ sudden sickness and untimely deaths can be as complex as they are tragic.Let’s discuss the cause of frequent death of your dogs



yes bones!

Feeding bones to dogs can be a common practice among pet owners, but it can come with significant health risks that can lead to serious consequences, including frequent deaths of dogs. As a responsible pet owner, it’s essential to be aware of these risks and avoid feeding bones to your dog

Bones can cause various health problems, including fractures, gastrointestinal obstruction, and dental damage. According to Dr. Richard Goldstein, Chief Medical Officer of the Animal Medical Center in New York City, bones can splinter and cause damage to the digestive tract, leading to severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea. In some cases, the bone fragments can become lodged in the intestines, causing an obstruction that requires emergency surgery.

Furthermore, feeding bones can lead to dental problems, as the hard, abrasive texture can cause tooth fractures or wear down the enamel. According to Dr. Heather Loenser, Senior Veterinary Officer for the American Animal Hospital Association, chewing on bones can cause significant dental damage, including broken teeth and gum lacerations. This can lead to painful dental infections that require extensive treatment.

Moreover, bones can be a source of bacterial contamination, which can pose a risk to both dogs and their owners. Dr. Rhea Morgan, an assistant professor of clinical pathology at the Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, warns that feeding raw bones can increase the risk of bacterial infections, including salmonella and E. coli. These infections can cause serious illness in both dogs and humans.


How Aloevera and lilies have been killing my own my dogs before

I had always been a dog lover and over the years, I had bought several pups. However, each time I got a new one, it never got beyond three months before it suddenly fell sick and died. I couldn’t understand why this was happening, and it broke my heart every time I lost a new furry friend.

I tried everything possible to keep them healthy, from feeding them the best dog food to taking them for regular check-ups at the vet, but nothing seemed to work. I even changed the breeder I bought them from, but still, the same fate awaited each new dog that came into my home.

One day, a friend who was a veterinarian visited my house and was shocked to see how many dogs I had lost over the years. She suggested that I have my home inspected for any potential hazards that could be harming the dogs.

To my utter shock, the inspection revealed that the lilies and aloe vera plants that I had in my home were the culprits behind the death of my beloved dogs. These plants, which I had no idea were toxic to dogs, had been causing their illness and eventual death.

I was devastated by the news, and it broke my heart to know that all those precious lives had been lost due to my ignorance. I immediately got rid of the toxic plants and made a promise never to have them in my home again.

I will forever cherish the memory of all the dogs I had lost, but from that day forward, I made a vow to be more knowledgeable about the things that could harm my pets. And as a result, my home became a happy and healthy haven for all the furry friends I welcomed into my life.

certain plants and substances that kills dogs in your house

Here are some plants, grasses, and substances that are toxic to dogs and could be the cause of frequent deaths of dogs in a household:

  1. Chocolate: Chocolate contains theobromine, which dogs are unable to metabolize. Theobromine can cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and even death in dogs.
  2. Lilies: Lilies, particularly Easter lilies, are extremely toxic to dogs. If ingested, they can cause kidney failure, lethargy, vomiting, and loss of appetite.
  3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera, though beneficial to humans, is toxic to dogs. It can cause vomiting, diarrhea, tremors, and even depression.
  4. Marijuana: Marijuana contains THC, which can be very dangerous for dogs. It can cause seizures, vomiting, and in some cases, death.
  5. Grapes and Raisins: Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure in dogs. Symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, and loss of appetite.
  6. Daffodils: Daffodils contain lycorine, which is toxic to dogs. If ingested, it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and in severe cases, cardiac arrhythmia and respiratory depression.
  7. Rhubarb: Rhubarb contains oxalates, which can cause tremors, seizures, and kidney failure in dogs.
  8. Sago Palm: The sago palm is extremely toxic to dogs. If ingested, it can cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and liver failure.
  9. Azalea: Azaleas contain grayanotoxins, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, and in severe cases, coma and death.
  10. Oleander: Oleander contains cardiac glycosides, which can cause vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, and in severe cases, death due to heart failure.

parvovirus infection

Another possible cause is parvovirus.it is a highly contagious viral infection that affects dogs and can lead to frequent deaths if not properly treated. The virus attacks the digestive system of dogs and can cause severe dehydration, vomiting, and diarrhea, leading to life-threatening complications.

Parvovirus is spread through direct contact with infected feces, as well as indirect contact with contaminated objects such as food bowls, leashes, and clothing. According to Dr. Cynda Crawford, a veterinary immunologist at the University of Florida, parvovirus can survive in the environment for up to a year, making it challenging to control its spread.

The virus can be particularly deadly in young puppies, as their immune systems are not fully developed. Puppies that contract parvovirus can quickly become severely ill and require intensive treatment, including hospitalization and intravenous fluids. In some cases, even with proper treatment, puppies may not survive the infection.

To prevent the spread of parvovirus and protect your dog, it’s essential to ensure that your dog is up-to-date on its vaccinations. According to Dr. Christine Jenkins, a veterinarian at the University of California, Davis, the parvovirus vaccine is highly effective in preventing infection and can significantly reduce the severity of the disease if a vaccinated dog does become infected.

Additionally, it’s crucial to practice good hygiene and sanitation, especially if you have multiple dogs or frequent dog parks or other areas where dogs gather. Dr. Jason Stull, a veterinary epidemiologist at Ohio State University, recommends cleaning and disinfecting any surfaces or objects that may have come into contact with infected feces  or dogs.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top